How Do You Know This Stuff Works?
With all the wild claims made today on the internet, often one does not know where to turn for real information. At DogCancer.net we feel it is crucial that valid research be available to allow our customers to separate fact from fiction. Below you will find third-party references regarding the use of our products in patients undergoing treatment for serious disease states. Under FDA law we cannot make any medical claims for natural products, but here is the latest information you can use to make judgment for yourself whether our products may be right for you or not.
Latest Research on Medicinal Mushrooms:
Government Published Cancer Reference Book: “Medicinal Mushrooms: Their Therapeutic Properties and Current Medical Usage with Special Emphasis on Cancer Treatments” Here is the full version of a landmark book published by the government of Great Britain in 2001. This is an official publication of Cancer Research UK, the English equivalent of the US National Cancer Institute. Written by professors Dr’s Smith, Rowan and Sullivan of the University of Strathclyde, it is perhaps the most comprehensive text available today for those wishing details on the medicinal mushrooms and their application in cancer treatment.
It is somewhat technical in nature, but very clearly written for ease of understanding by those without an advanced scientific degree. You can download the entire book here in the form of PDF files. Some of the files are quite large, so we have broken it into chapters. Please be patient with the download time, it will be worth the wait. To anyone who claims that this is fringe science we can only point out that England produces some of the best doctors in the world. There is nothing wrong with English medicine, and here is the proof of the value of the medicinal mushroom compounds in cancer treatment, in the form of an official government publication.
This monograph is a comprehensive overview of this subject from the technology of cultivation, extraction and chemistry of medicinal mushroom bioactive compounds to the clinical evidence that suggests an important therapeutic role in cancer, and other major diseases.
Official Government Publication
- Table of Contents (PDF 8.87 kb)
- Preamble (PDF 15.5)
- Chapter 1 – Introduction (PDF 36.3 kg)
- Chapter 2 – The Nature of Fungi with Special Emphasis on Mushrooms (PDF 1.41 mb)
- Chapter 3a – Medicinally Important Mushrooms Part 1 (PDF 8.12 mb)
- Chapter 3b – Medicinally Important Mushrooms Part 2 (PDF 8.75)
- Chapter 3c – Medicinally Important Mushrooms Part 3 (PDF 8.33)
- Chapter 4 – Technology of Mushroom Cultivation (PDF 338 kg)
- Chapter 5 – Extraction, Development and Chemistry of Anti-Cancer Compounds from Medicinal Mushrooms (PDF 399 kg)
- Chapter 6 – Immunomodulatory Activities of Mushroom Glucans and Polysaccharide-Protein Complexes in Animals and Humans (PDF 216 kg)
- Chapter 7 – The Role of Polysaccharides Derived from Medicinal Mushrooms in Cancer (PDF 133 kg)
- Chapter 8 – Additional Medicinal Properties (PDF 84.2 kg)
- Chapter 9 – Regulatory and Safety Criteria (PDF 67.8 kg)
- Chapter 10 – Conclusions(PDF 49.5 kg)
- Appendix 1 – Overview of Human Immune System (PDF 603 kg)
- Appendix 2 – Standard Antitumor Activity Test (PDF 12.7 kg)
- Appendix 3 – Medicinal Mushrooms and Cancer Prevention (PDF 17.0 kg)
- Author Biographies (PDF 21.6 kg)
- Executive Summary (PDF 32.7 kg)
- Acknowledgment (PDF 6.89 kg)